Thursday, March 18, 2010

Vegetarian Tacos

Eating is a favorite pastime. And while the act of going out to a restaurant with good company is a lot of fun... I am also finding joy in preparing meals at home - knowing exactly what ingredients are used and I'm enjoying the process of combining and experimenting to come up with a finished product. During lunch I walked to Trader Joe's and picked up a few ingredients to make these delicious looking vegetarian tacos

 

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu—drained, patted dry, and crumbled
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 1 10-ounce package frozen corn (2 cups), thawed
  • 1 5-ounce package baby spinach (about 6 loosely packed cups)
  • 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
  • 3/4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (3 ounces)
  • 3/4 cup store-bought refrigerated salsa

1 comment:

What he ate, what I ate. said...

Oh my goodness. I want these.