While I was driving to work a house caught my eye on Royal Street across from a beautiful old catholic church. It had a little gate in front of its short driveway. My eyes immediately darted from the gate to the windows directly above it. 303 Royal Street. Suddenly a thousand thoughts dash through my mind. I try to picture it when it was first built. Someone very wealthy must have lived there...still live there. Who has looked out those windows. Were their eyes full of joy or was their chest tight with pain.
I love meandering through Old Town because the houses have just as much character as the people walking down the sidewalk in front of them. Pages and pages of stories surround us - whether in the shape of buildings tall or cabins quite small, aspiring young actresses or the older woman wrapped in fur who lives on the corner of St. Asaph Street. I hate to think of all the stories that will go missed in our lifetime. I wish I could capture them all.
photo found on The Sartorialist

No comments:
Post a Comment