Thursday, May 20, 2010

Letters from Rilke.

As you unfold as an artist, just keep on, quietly and earnestly, growing through all that happens to you. You cannot disrupt this process more violently than by looking outside yourself for answers that may only be found by attending to your innermost feeling. 
Paris, February 17, 1903
Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet
Oh how I love Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet. The minute I started reading it I grabbed a pen and began underlining and jotting down notes in the margins. It is full of excellent advice, not only for writers and artists of all breeds, but advice for life in general. Advice that I am still trying to grasp as I read its lines over and over again learning something new each time. It's also the perfect size for carrying around with you every where you go. 

I ordered this Baggu backpack a couple of weeks ago. Perfect for carrying around Rilke and the many cameras I'm accumulating...
Spotted first on For Me, For You

No comments: