Some words are simply not meant to share [these words are the ones that normally only divulge themselves on the secret other blog]. But sometimes, those are the only words that come to mind. The only ones that are honest and real. So as I sit here, I am not at a loss for words at all. Just at a loss for words to share.
I feel such a mix of emotions today. Most of which are stirred by the heavy ladle of outward -often worldly- perceptions. And so today I fight that constant battle to people-please and sugar coat. But instead of letting the outside world come crashing in, weighing my shoulders down and stealing my breath until the rhythm of my chest shows only the slightest, brief movement - my ribs barely expanding- I am standing tall. Breathing deep. And arming myself with my own inner peace.
Today that armor comes in the form of a guarded heart and the quiet inner workings of mindful meditation. [and my best friend].
photo by elias tahan found here

No comments:
Post a Comment