"You never know when you're making a memory"
-Rickie Lee Jones-
While some of the best memories are unplanned
there are often times that in the midst of a moment
I know it wont go forgotten.
Friday night was crystal clear, hot but not humid
on our way home from Oyamel
we slowed to a stop somewhere between Constitution
and the National Botanical Gardens
where on the steps of the Capitol
the Army Band played, the sound making its way
down the hill past statues of gallant horses and leading men
rounding the Washington Monument and dancing along
the reflecting pool. Somehow this summer weekly free
concert went thankfully under the tourist radar
and the normally crowded mall was perfectly
scarce of screaming 8th graders and
hoards of people with matching neon t-shirts.
I am so thankful to live where I do,
in the country I do,
with the people I do.


1 comment:
Your words and description make me feel as if I was there. I wish I was. I love your blog. Your write beautifully.
Post a Comment