where the sky meets the salt in a perfect line
is it an image captured in perfect time
frozen memories and secrets collide
is it the smell of summer rain on the hot pavement
or laughter filling the air full of cheerful merriment
is it ink soaked into paper snail mail sent
or the sound of an orchestra that makes you content
is it a blank canvas and a paint drenched brush
or whispered sincerity that makes you blush
if we are meant to follow dreams
commitment is often harder than it seems
but somehow I've found the place
where passion and inspiration collide in the same place
When I was little I never wanted to be president or wear a white coat. I never wanted to be partner at a firm or don a space suit. I never wanted to be a judge or the highest scoring athlete. I never wanted to race or dance in a ballet. I never wanted to sit in a box for years or see the world through numbers. And while the things I've always wanted to do/be are far from record breaking, I now have a goal and a dream in black and white before me.
Maybe one day I'll be able to share this dream turned reality here...but for now, I do believe, after being asked since I was a child what I wanted to do when I grow up, I finally have found my answer.
image via FFFFound

No comments:
Post a Comment