Thursday, August 19, 2010

The End; or Home Again

Even the best things come to an end. We got back late last night and I am paying for it today. Yesterday consisted of two bus rides, two plane rides and multiple taxis in multiple languages. 

It is so strange to think that yesterday I woke up in San Miguel de Allende. I am trying to comprehend it and trying to accumulate my feelings into one concise thought. However, I am failing miserably. 

It was never more clear to me that the vacation had ended than when my alarm went off this morning. Eyes swollen I felt the weight of the coming weeks ahead. So while the joyous carefree spirit of Mexico came to a screeching halt late last night, I let the routine of my morning cradle me. The familiarity of my drive to work - and a stop at McDonalds for oatmeal (have you tried it? surprisingly good...) set my day in motion - trying to disguise my heart and mind from reality crashing around me.

Meanwhile, I am a little lost in the hundreds of pictures of a world altogether different and altogether wonderful.

1 comment:

Turbo said...

Great photos! Can't wait to see more :)