"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all."
— Emily Dickinson
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all."
— Emily Dickinson
I have solicited the help of Radiohead and The National
to get me through today. Its certainly not been easy.
Sometimes it takes a crash to feel hope.
Last night sitting in the parked car with two dear friends,
I felt both the impact of despair and the blossoming of hope
as uplifting words filled and swirled around the car
[the scene of many wonderful and
vulnerable conversations this summer]
-------------
I am so anxious to head to the airport
there is nothing as freeing as traveling
it gives perspective and builds strength - sometimes
in ways you dont realize until much later.
Here's to hope even when you're broken
and strength even when you're a little lost.
photo from UK Harper's Bazaar, found here.

1 comment:
Whitney, I don't know how I missed out on your blog all summer, but I just read it for the first time and it is amazing!! Your post today was so sweet. That quote by Emily Dickinson is one of my all time favorites. My grandma gave me her book when I was young, and a copy of that quote.
Anyways, I love it, and I love you!
Post a Comment