Friday, September 17, 2010

reason for sound.

"Sometimes, if you want to be happy, you've got to run away to Bath and marry a punk rocker."

— Julie Powell (Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen)

How is it already Friday.
I woke up smiling today and yet there are piles of things around me, some stacked quite high - things  for me to worry about. But truly today, while sitting atop them, I am rather enjoying the view instead. And even when I measure all of the stresses and things that need to get done or worked out, there are far many more things to be happy about. Joyful, even.

don't you hear it? she asked & I shook my head no 
& then she started to dance & suddenly there was music everywhere 
& it went on for a very long time 

& when I finally found words
all I could say was 
thank you.

[Happy almost birthday Mr. D. Thanks for the lyrics.]

photo from the Cherry Blossom Girl.

No comments: