“Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.” ― Elizabeth Lawrence
I landed back in the District last night in a content daze. I fell so heavily for The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society that the flight from Minneapolis seemed like 20 minutes, not two hours. Not only have I fallen face first into a sea of dried leaves for the characters, but my infatuation with reading has taken to new heights."Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul." — Joyce Carol Oates
I have a very full week ahead. I have so many different things going on and the invested hours required is admittedly overwhelming. So I have made two simple goals for this week:
To still find time to stroll streets with those who are very much alive in another world
and
capture my current surroundings, to watch the leaves turn with my camera in hand...even as time zooms frazzled around me.
As we neared the District, I watched the tree-lined Potomac River bend and curve below the wing of the plane...it felt so good to be home.
photo found here.

2 comments:
I didn't realize how much I missed you till you came home. I'm so happy you had a great trip but happier you are back!
I loved reading that book. It left me with a nearly overwhelming desire to pack our bags and head to a little island somewhere in Europe. What beautiful characters...and an irresistible setting!
Happy fall!
Post a Comment