"Sadly, I part from you;
Like a clam torn from its shell,
I go, and autumn too."
— Basho (Narrow Road to the Interior)

Like a clam torn from its shell,
I go, and autumn too."
— Basho (Narrow Road to the Interior)

Last night Mr. D surprised me with a trip to my favorite museum in the District
where we listened to a lecture by photographer Tim Hetherington whose film, Restrepo, won the
Grand Jury Prize at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival.
The weekend ahead is giving me a funny taste in my mouth
it feels heavy, and yet I feel a since of freedom in its very silence.
A chance to be numb even in warmth
I have filled it to the very brim with occupied time
and as the moments steadily beat along, their consistency brings much comfort.
Hurry home Mr. D.
both photos found on weheartit.com

No comments:
Post a Comment