Sunday, December 19, 2010

licensed.

"Cut off as I am, it is inevitable that I should sometimes feel like a shadow walking in a shadowy world. When this happens I ask to be taken to New York City. Always I return home weary but I have the comforting certainty that mankind is real flesh and I myself am not a dream." 

 Helen Keller (Midstream: My Later Life)
We ended the week by spending a quick 16 hours in New York...
We had very important [and quite fun and exciting] business to take care of in the wonderful city
but we also made time to eat brunch at Penelope's.
(thank you, sweet kellie)
The hot chocolate was sweet to my lips and warm in my chest. 
There is something so indescribable about the city around Christmas. 
It evokes almost every Christmas childhood memory of mine, 
like holding a snow globe in my hand as white sparkling flakes
fall around Rockefeller Center, 
somehow very much alive in that clear glass ball
with every twist of my wrist.  
Oh new york, my love. 

Thank you Cartier for your wrapped building, and whoever hangs the snowflake at 57th and 5th 
and Rockefeller for your white trumpet-playing angels.  
Please dont ever change.

photo here.

No comments: