Wednesday, February 23, 2011

abundant sunshine

"Isn't it pretty to think so."
— Ernest Hemingway (The Sun Also Rises) 
 Just like most things in life, yesterday's gloom is followed by today's bright light -
Spring is making her comeback.

 And with this new day,
I am once again lured by the memory of sweet cherry blossom and
their delicate, but bountiful presence adorning the Potomac's bank.

This morning, the weather report called for "abundant sunshine,"
isnt it pretty to think so?

-------------------
Speaking of Spring, 
husband and I have a date with a certain butterfly tonight...
...can't wait!

image here.

2 comments:

Kara Rush said...

Ah Whitney, it's been too long since I looked at your blog. You are so talented and inspiring. I hope you and Rob are doing well!

p.s. you are being added to my reader right now! I don't want to miss any more of the beauty.

Whitney said...

Kara!! You're so sweet. I LOVE your blog. You are such an amazing photographer and have such a good eye.

Rob and I miss you guys! Evelyn is getting so big! You and Evie are both so beautiful.