"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure.
In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."
— Julia Child
— Julia Child
I love cooking...or at least the adventure of trying to cook.
Yesterday, I left work and went straight to the grocery store with a long list of
ingredients I have never bought before in my life, let alone used...
ingredients I have never bought before in my life, let alone used...
[I will even admit to standing in an aisle googling where to find
a particular ingredient in the store itself!]
a particular ingredient in the store itself!]
I came home and literally chopped, studied, re-read, stirred, scooped and sighed
for two and a half hours straight before I was able to stand back
and let sit what needed to cook and freeze what had to be frozen.
The result: vegetarian slow-cooked chili and homemade peppermint patties
And while they dont necessarily sound good together,
I must say both turned out quite well - especially the peppermint patties!
(I added a drop of red food coloring for a valentine's day themed patty)
Recipe found here....definitely do freeze the filling before dipping it in the chocolate
and use parchment paper instead of wax paper.

No comments:
Post a Comment