Thursday, February 17, 2011

my inspiration; or Love Like a Sunset, Pt. II

"After silence, that which comes nearest 
to expressing the inexpressible is music."
— Aldous Huxley (Music at Night and Other Essays) 
 This morning I got ready with Phoenix [and Wolfgang Amadeus, for that matter]
jamming out right in our kitchen, bouncing off our turquoise wall and
and around the poster of Harold and Maude.
And this is one of the many things I love about my roommate. 

I have an in-house photographer and DJ encouraging me every day.

I have never felt more inspired or energetic about life 
than I do now
and that is in large part due to Mr.D.

He has me writing non-stop and singing in the shower,
seeing things at different angles
and not covering my face in front of the lens.
He is the only person who has the ability to make me feel 
simultaneously safe and grounded while my arms are outstretched,
soaring above tree-lines and through clouds.

[I love him so much and would not change a thing.]


3 comments:

Robd said...

First picture I took=Flattering

Second Picture of ME= Less than flattering

Rebecca Win said...

this is so adorable.

Michel (Yo Mama) said...

ummmm second picture??? were you on the way to a white trash party? Great outfit. Oh and the first picture is not of you that's maybe why it's so great!!!