Friday, April 1, 2011

beauty and the eye of its beholder.

"Nature didn't need an operation to be beautiful. It just was."
— Scott Westerfeld 
The girl in this picture has me wanting bangs again
and a touch of orange-red lipstick instead of the pink I've been fancying...

but then I remember my dad constantly asking me when my bangs 
would finally grow out every time he saw me this time last year
and how my mother informed me last week that 
she doesnt like red lipstick on people 
as I stood there with a freshly applied red pout. ha.

So, maybe I will stick to just wearing lipstick in the kitchen while I cook, 
and go in for a plain old trim at my hair appointment on Monday...

----------
So glad its the weekend. Ready to take some pictures and spend 
some much needed time with Mr. D and little Lucy.

photograph found on Sally Jane Vintage, by Saul Leiter

No comments: