Tuesday, May 17, 2011

awake and dreaming

"There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; 
there is only the comparison of one state with another. 
Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. 
It is necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.....
the sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope."
— Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo 
 I slept hard last night.
I woke up displaced in my own bed. In my own room.
And only when I felt my husband sleeping soundly beside me did I feel 
a sense of comfort for what is.

And I have since spent these few waking hours thankful just to be
but I've also been ever more lost in day dreams
a sincere and joyful hope for what is yet unseen.
---------
Can it really just be Tuesday?!


 photograph by Amber of LiveItOutPhotography

1 comment:

He.She.&Eloise.... in the city said...

Glad you got some sleep and I hope you're feeling better. I miss you, and i too can't believe it's only Tuesday!