Understand, I'll slip quietly
Away from the noisy crowd
When I see the pale
Stars rising, blooming over the oaks
I'll pursue solitary pathways
Through the pale twilit meadows,
With only this one dream:
You come too.
Away from the noisy crowd
When I see the pale
Stars rising, blooming over the oaks
I'll pursue solitary pathways
Through the pale twilit meadows,
With only this one dream:
You come too.
-Rainer Maria Rilke
When I come home - at first alone - the kitchen solely keeps me.
I made falafels and stuffed them in whole wheat pitas with arugula and a yogurt dressing
the smell of garlic and olive oil filling the air.
I waited for you in the window seat
and our tree house held its breath in silent still anticipation, waiting for your return.
Your steady walk toward me - eyes locked on mine - sending chill bumps down my spine.
There were three white lilies resting in your chair
and now it really doesn't matter what happened the many hours before or where.
What a relief it was to follow you around the room as you shed the weight of your day -
first your tie and then your shoes.
And I wanted to cast it all away
and tell you it would be ok
because I love you
"even when skies are gray."
And with you there my spirit soars -
you brighten my every day.
photograph by amber

No comments:
Post a Comment