"i thank god for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
& for the blue dreams of sky & for everything which is natural,
which is infinite, which is yes."
— E.E. Cummings
— E.E. Cummings
There is a row of trees along the road toward the walls of which I once called home.
I've driven by them more times than I can count
and with each passing, I find myself, eyes closed, running beside them with my arm outstretched -
the tips of my fingers brushing against their leaves, rustling them to dance.
Standing side by side, some more withered than others,
they fill my lungs with desire and my heart with courage.
"I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.
I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues."
— Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
— Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

No comments:
Post a Comment