Wednesday, October 19, 2011

an apple a day

“Grover didn't say anything for awhile. Then, when I thought 
he was going to give me some deep philosophical comment to make me feel better,
he said, "Can I have your apple?”
― Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief
 
I haven't been writing as much as I would like lately.  I can feel the absence heavy in my chest
as caged words slowly disappear in my muddled and often foggy brain. 
I have not been feeling well and the days often pass by before I have had a chance
to look around and ponder as the hours simply slide on by.
So, I am eating an apple day
because you know what they say...

I hope I start feeling like my normal self soon...
and lets hope that happens much sooner than later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhh! are you pregnant? if so, maybe switch that apple to a banana-- or add a banana because bananas have potassium and potassium helps with those charly horses that, if you haven't experienced already, will shortly be on their way! i hope you feel better soon! it's not fun being sick!

Tori Dumke said...

I just love your writing Whitney. It's soothing to read. Also, I'd like to steal your wardrobe. I hope you feel better soon!

WhitneyClarke said...

Tori - Thank you so much! Walk on over and steal anything anytime :)

Robd said...

Seriously though Tori, we need to unload some serious amounts of cloth.

WhitneyClarke said...

Dear Anon, YES I am! And I have definitely been eating a lot of bananas. So happy to finally be able to share the news with everyone. Thanks for your comment : )