Monday, October 31, 2011

a blizzard blows through Brooklyn.

“I love you because no two snowflakes are alike, 
and it is possible, if you stand tippy-toe, 
to walk between the raindrops. ”
― Nikki Giovanni
 We arrived in Brooklyn in a legitimate, full flung blizzard.
There was something wonderful about 
driving up through the first snow storm of the season in a car full of good friends.
First stop, Grimaldi's for some delicious pizza. 
There wasn't even a line because so few had braved the white stormy weather.
The weekend was wonderful and filled with so much delicious food -
 I so wish Monday hadn't arrived so soon.
The weather cleared up beautifully [although quite chilly] on Sunday 
and we headed to Brooklyn and stopped by the flea before piling back in the car for drive home.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend
and Happy Halloween!!

3 comments:

Carin Davis said...

Your picture of snow falling around the Brooklyn bridge looks magical! I am glad you enjoyed a wonderful weekend! Mine was too short too! xo

Tori Dumke said...

I love your coat!

WhitneyClarke said...

Tori, thank you!!

Carin - we are looking so forward to seeing you all soon. Thats the only good thing about fast weekends...it will be Thanksgiving before we know it.