“Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts.
But you have to
stop sooner or later,
and then you still have to decide what to do.”
― C.S. Lewis
― C.S. Lewis
Yesterday was long and hard. The kind of day that leaves you feeling achy and wobbly the next.
But the day never really ended, because I never really slept.
Around 2:30 a.m., I tip-toed across our squeaky wood floors and made my way to the couch. Sinking down into its welcoming cushions, my body felt so heavy - as if the very weight of my swollen eyelids might cause it to go crashing to the ground. I sat there frozen in the silver glow of the familiar room.
The crescendo of silence was soon broken by those old wood floors as Lucy came and rested her head on my lap. What a sweet little friend. Slowly, she crawled up on the couch with me and we laid there comforting each other for quite some time.
Eventually we made our way back to bed and watched the time creep by.
------------
------------
This is proving to be a big week for our little family. I don't think I have ever felt so generally exhausted by the weight of decisions before in my life. Suddenly even small-ish decisions seem monumental when it involves another human life...and so when the bigger decisions come swooping in demanding to be made, my heart then aches a little every time I feel baby girl kick. But I guess this is what being a grown-up is like...right?


2 comments:
I don't know what decisions you are making but if you need any mommy advice/perspectives feel free to call or email me! Will keep your little fam in my prayers ;)
Thank you, Kinsey! There's an email coming your way soon...
Post a Comment