Saturday night we decided to drive downtown
We went to Busboys and Poets, a favorite DC spot of mine
A sort of glorious mix of everything: books, music, art and delicious food.
It is one of the best places to people watch...
So we spent several hours on a comfy couch,
with a gigantic coffee table in front of us.
The book I am reading is so good and hard to put down,
but I found my eyes wondering to the people around me
Those on first dates
old friends and
unlikely couples...
Dancing conversations floating around the room
and drowning out the music
With my very favorite bread pudding in front of me
I was overwhelming thankful to be sitting next to
my best friend on a couch
lost in a room full of people
The night was topped off with a
perfect free parking space in front of The Black Cat
and a concert to end the night

No comments:
Post a Comment