"A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in totally insane world." - Lois Wyse

I rode my bike to work this morning which turned
out to be more refreshing and appealing than I
had even hoped. A great way to start the week.
Back from visiting with friends, I feel
rejuvenated. A reoccuring theme is that
none of us planned to be exactly where we
are - and maybe we aren't in our dream
situations/places - but we all recognize
the need to be content. Abraham Lincoln
said that "you are about as happy as you
make your mind up to be." Sometimes
happiness just falls in your lap, an
unexpected blessing in the rush of life, but
a lot of times you have to choose to see the
beauty and the joy around you. Letting it sink
in - breathing consciously so that it is sure
to fill your lungs.
I think that is why I enjoyed the bike ride
so much this morning, it forced me to
breathe deep.
*picture is from the new snoflake line
No comments:
Post a Comment