Wednesday, April 21, 2010

you too?

"I've learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." - Martha Washington
 
its raining today. some days are just meant for rain.

as I washed the dishes last night, I let my tears mix in with the rushing hot water. and this morning I thought, how nice that its raining...tears from the sky here to wash away the pollen and the salt from my eyes.

sometimes another person's good news hits me like a punch in my gut.

I let my human weakness knock me behind the knees.

and I act surprised.

but eventually I find the strength within me.

that actually has nothing to do with me at all. 

and I am able to push past the pain I feel in my chest. that human frailty and that painting of a green pasture.

and see how much surrounds me.

and I am thankful to be exactly where I am. 

but some days are still just meant for rain. 


photo one from here

No comments: