Wednesday, May 19, 2010

planting roses.

 
This guy is pretty damn amazing.
There are some days that this simple fact overwhelms me.
He is stronger than most people I know 
and wise beyond measure. 
As I listened last night to the trials he is facing right now
I was humbly aware of the many
ups and downs of life, decisions and adversity.
During the council meeting at work, 
I listened as doctors and CEO's explained that
for them, every decision to do something 
is a decision not to do something else.
The future is so unpredictable, but I am finding that there is 
a certain beauty in that. Its ok to not know exactly what next
month will bring. There is so much to be thankful for, 
and it is so important to not let today's struggles
rob us of the beauty woven through tomorrow.
How boring a predictable life would be. 
I know that this is easy to say and harder to do.
Sometimes, I have to choose - force myself - 
to see life as the simply grand and beautiful 
adventure that it is.
Even when skies are gray.

No comments: