Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Side by side.

Last night, Roselyn died.
It all happened so fast. It was only Saturday
that she was admitted to the hospital.
Oh but the amount of pain that she endured, for years and years
I can't help but be happy for her.

Still, I can hear her laugh and can so clearly remember 
all the trips we took together
and I will never forget swinging in the back yard with her
quite possibly one of the funniest people I have ever known
more like an aunt, and such a good friend

Oh we aint got a barrel of money
maybe we're ragged and funny
but we're swinging along
singing our song
side by side

photo found.

1 comment:

Carin Davis said...

I am so sorry. I loved hearing you talk about her Saturday. What a special person. My heart goes out to you and your family.