Tuesday, July 6, 2010

sweet exhaustion.

"Idleness is not doing nothing. 
Idleness is being free to do anything." 
- Floyd Dell-
 
 I woke up exhausted, 
but I really have no good reason for the drain I feel. 
This morning, as I swung my feet around, letting them dangle
heavy off the side of the bed, I was sure I would fall over if
I attempted to stand upon them
And in the shower, the hot water pounding upon my back 
and shoulders, I could hardly open my eyelids
letting the water fall all around me
But yesterday, I did nothing but eat and lay afloat in the crystal
blue water of the pool, the mountains standing guard around me
I was lost in a 100 degree dream world, 
followed by popcorn and a movie
and a relaxing drive home in which I let the movement
of the car rock me to sleep.
 So you see, I really have no good reason to be exhausted...
but its hot outside today, so very hot.

No comments: