- For a true writer each book should be a new beginning where he tries again for something that is beyond attainment. He should always try for something that has never been done or that others have tried and failed. Then sometimes, with great luck, he will succeed.
- - Ernest Hemingway
- photograph by Annette Pehrsson
I have an addiction to writing. A constant battle raging in my head.
Blurred characters mucking about who I frantically want to see and attempt to adequately describe
I had always assumed they would present themselves to me, with little effort on my part
but the more I write, the more I want to write and the more I want to elucidate
The task is daunting...
so unapproachable that I thought I would resolve to write about the existing and already breathing instead
but I would be forced to exaggerate, to blur the edge of reality -
a risk that is far too great - I dread I would hurt or offend those involved
So, I am facing my greatest fear - out of necessity and for my own sanity...
To create life that I believe in.

No comments:
Post a Comment