Tuesday, September 28, 2010

timeless friends.

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." — C.S. Lewis

I can mark stages of my life with friends. It seems they have morphed into periods of time. Furthering my belief that no friendship is an accident - also confirming my lifelong suspicion that I am indeed some way flawed. Well, many ways I know.

There are a handful of friends though that span across multiple periods of the time line. A line marked by camp and high school, college, first jobs and a summer abroad. Friends that remain no matter the distance between us or the circumstance I am in. And I know almost the minute our acquaintance grows to friendship when I have met a timeless friend. 

And today I am celebrating the life of just such a friend. A friendship that I knew would continue to grow even as the Summer faded. Somehow our lives are uniquely aligned in a way that brings compassion, encouragement and understanding so delicate and sweet.

Ive known no greater comfort at 2 a.m.
Happy Birthday, Blakely Ann!

photo by violaidi

No comments: