"Perhaps I write for no one.
Perhaps for the same person children are writing for
when they scrawl their names in the snow."
— Margaret Atwood
I stood with my toes barely over the edge of the curb
an invisible wall between me and the cars whizzing by
and suddenly everything became necessary
the drab mix of amber and toast color leaves fallen in a heap on the concrete
the draft of cool air brushing against my feet
the older woman who walked quickly trying to run only to walk again
and that moment in the middle of the morning rush hour
when suddenly the somber slate street was completely empty both ways
and I crossed in the glow of emerald lights
bobbing up and down in the wind
Thankful for dinner last night with a childhood friend
and the absence of work ...it felt like the weekend.
pic.one.here.


1 comment:
i still want to trade hairs.
Post a Comment