Wednesday, October 13, 2010

wed.nes.day.

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word
is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."
— Mark Twain (The Wit and Wisdom of Mark Twain: A Book of Quotations) 
I head west toward a much colder city this weekend. A city I have never been to, so I am looking forward to seeing it and its many lakes.

And while I do so love the red brick sidewalks of Georgetown...I am looking forward to this small respite from them. You see, I feel like I've been there almost every night for the last month. In fact...I basically have been. 

And before I leave, I am going to take a trip to the used book store on King St. to pick out several books for this fall season. A few on my list to read:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

and a revisit to Walden

 Happy Hump Day.


photo taken by Marlee,  who is in town visiting [and who has sadly only seen me with my eyes half open...or completely passed out...but I've made a full recovery and hope to make up for it before she leaves]

 

No comments: