Tuesday, January 11, 2011

snow on 22nd street

"I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again." — Lewis Carroll


Its snowing here in the District tonight 
and its not supposed to stop until early morning.
Our street looks staggeringly beautiful.
A wonderland. 
And just like that I have fallen all the more 
in love with this new little home of ours. 

Now if only we could have a snow day tomorrow...
I've already done what I promised myself 
I wouldnt - I have my hopes up 
way too high for just such a break.

I'm afraid I wont take the fall very well 
if there isnt at least a delay.

photograph by Carin Davis

No comments: