"This place where you are right now,
God circled on a map for you."
God circled on a map for you."
-hafiz
words have always meant so much to me
they simultaneously steady my heart and send it racing
they clear my head of clutter, organizing my thoughts
in shapes made of sweeping ink on lines of paper
i wrote my first letter to 'my husband'
and received a letter in return moments before
I held his hand in a room garnished with
cherry blossom branches [a nod to the District we love]
and a candle lit glow




3 comments:
I love that last picture. It's fun to see what you were doing while I was outside in the lobby waiting to see you. You are beautiful.
Whitney,
It's been a long time, but just wanted to say congratulations! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your photos. You're so talented! Best wishes on your new married life!
Thank you, Shay! Happy New Year. Hope all is well with you!
Post a Comment