Wednesday, February 16, 2011

mountains capped with snow.

"I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage, 
with my books, my family, and a few old friends, 
dining on simple bacon, 
and letting the world roll on as it liked, 
than to occupy the most splendid post 
which any human power can give."
— Thomas Jefferson
 Spontaneous dance parties - after the reception and early the next morning in Sophie's bedroom -
and a late night conversation with two of my new sisters.
I wouldn't trade any of it for anything.
I am so thankful for every single person we saw this past weekend
and especially for those who are now officially family. 

-----------------------
 
Somehow today I am both grateful and mournful 
for the loss of something I never actually had. 
Its a strange place to be.

So, while I go about my routine day,
my mind is stayed on Mr.D.

------------------------

I can't wait to go home and hang out with husband
and daydream names for our new four-legged family member.



No comments: