"With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?"
— Oscar Wilde
— Oscar Wilde
Today I woke up feeling differently than I do now. Not bad, but different.
This quote comes to mind:
This quote comes to mind:
"Love is that condition in which the happiness
of another person is essential to your own."
— Robert A. Heinlein
If Mr. D has a lot on his mind or feels an unusual weight, I too walk tenderly. One foot slowly and firmly in front of the other. Its one of the best things about marriage - you go through everything together.
So, when I awoke at 5:30 AM in the obscure stillness before the sunrise -
when the only creatures awake were the chorus of unhinged birds out our bedroom window -
I went out into the damp glimmering air feeling quite light and hopeful in my solitude.
My thoughts were on cooking and tomorrow night's meal. On baby presents and vet appointments, photoshoots and celebration decor.
But now my thoughts are on husband.
How thankful I am for him.
So right now - perhaps more than ever before - I am giving thanks for today, praying for husband and feeling oh so blessed.
But now my thoughts are on husband.
How thankful I am for him.
So right now - perhaps more than ever before - I am giving thanks for today, praying for husband and feeling oh so blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment