Monday, May 23, 2011

Italia

"It is fate that I am here,' George persisted,
'but you can call it Italy if it makes you less unhappy."
— E.M. Forster, A Room With a View
My parents and their two good friends are planning to rent a villa in Italy
for almost a month
and Mr.D and I get to go for a bit (!)
which means I will be brushing up on the four years of Italian I studied in college.

Mr. D speaks fluent Spanish, so I have a feeling it will be a breeze for him to master -
meanwhile, I struggled through every single semester of Italian in college
and always had points counted off for speaking Italian with a Spanish accent. sigh.
I cant even speak Spanish!

But I will speak Italian in a year when we go to Italy. I will.


image found here.

1 comment:

Michel (Yo Mama) said...

what in the world?? Why have I not been asked to babysit the land cruiser? I didn't break the antenna. I won't say who did, but I still feel like I have shown that I can be responsible. Oh yeah ... Italy would be fun, maybe. But, I don't think it would be as fun as Virginia with the cruiser. I'm just saying.