Sunday, June 5, 2011

a house full of reminders

"But I love your feet 
only because they walked 
upon the earth and upon 
the wind and upon the waters, 
until they found me." 
— Pablo Neruda
I love that our house is full of things that remind us of how blessed we are...
a corner hutch built by my grandpa when my parents were first married,
a civil war trunk that I can remember from when I was little, 
oil paintings by an artist I know as my mom, 
a leash hook that looks like Lucy girl from my mother-in-law and sister-in-law,
a reading chair that was in my first bedroom 
among a ton of other hand-me-downs that we truly cherish.
And now, 
we are surrounded by wedding gifts - so many I can hardy believe -
and each reminds me of their giver.
Mr.D and I are so thankful for all that we have been afforded and blessed with. 
And while true riches are not gathered in material things, 
the people behind them could never be replaced.

PS  I swear that even water tastes better in our new orange glasses...

No comments: