"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs.
When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence."
— Ansel Adams
— Ansel Adams
On a whim, we decided to go to the National Gallery of Art
and within 5 minutes of driving, we were downtown and parked literally right in front of the Gallery.
As we meandered through the wooded walls and grand halls
I couldn't stop thinking how lucky we are to live where we do -
and as we stared at the Capitoline Venus
(on loan to the United States for the first time)
I suddenly wanted to spend hours learning from and being inspired by
all of the great minds and artists whose work is literally moments from our doorstep.
Afterward,
we walked a couple of blocks to meet up with some of our favorite DC friends
and eventually we all ended up at Good Stuff Eatery where the peaches n'cream
milkshake swept my heart away.
There are so many places to go when words become unclear...
this summer, I plan to make the most of being right here.


No comments:
Post a Comment