"A house without books is like a room without windows."
— Horace Mann
— Horace Mann
I find out today if my windowless box will soon become a box with precisely one window.
(one big window)
And the mounting anticipation of such an acquisition is enough to make the piles of edits on my desk
seem almost endless and nearly impossible to get through.
So, as I sit here - red pen in hand - I am made acutely aware
of all the small things in life worth smiling about...like windows or that first morning breath of fresh air.
I spent this weekend among many unrivaled and wonderful groups of people -
each one beautiful and unique, each gathering a brilliant cause for celebration:
a bridal shower at Barrel Oak Winery
a bittersweet and Texas-sized farewell
a bittersweet and Texas-sized farewell
a belated independence cook-out in the country
and a dinner party in honor of two birthdays and a college grad
I couldn't help feeling an unparalleled sense of admiration
for every person I was with this weekend
and an even greater sense of appreciation for Mr. D...
because once all the cake has been eaten and the candles blown out,
its just the two of us...which feels immensely grand and overwhelmingly good.
Here's hoping this work week flies by...
with maybe a window for a view and a beautiful sky, too?!
photograph taken by Amber

No comments:
Post a Comment