"If it comes to a swinging, swing all, say I."
— Robert Louis Stevenson
— Robert Louis Stevenson
Last night, we walked to dinner by way of a playground.
While Lucy girl chased after her tennis ball,
I went swinging.
When is the last time you sat on a swing?
I closed my eyes and let my long (too long?) hair fully take flight in the wind.
It was freeing and exhilarating to feel the
weightlessness of the height and the gravity of the fall...
weightlessness of the height and the gravity of the fall...
Only to be caught up in the air once again.
And so I became lost in the momentum -
forcing the hot, heavy summer air to move around me.
It was just the thing I needed:
some carefree swinging.
But afterward, I paused for a moment while sitting across from Mr. D - both of us
sipping on delicious peach milkshakes with Lucy girl at our feet -
and found that I would not trade that moment for a thousand swings.
----------
Happy Weekend!
May it be at least a little carefree...
No comments:
Post a Comment