Friday, October 14, 2011

gratefully home.

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. 
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. 
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. 

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” 
 Melody Beattie
I have never been so happy to be home. 
After a long red-eye flight from Seattle, I got in yesterday morning and it was so relieving to see
handsome Mr. D pull up outside the airport 
and Moose - tail wagging - with her head sticking out of the window. 

Last night, we went with my parents to the Kennedy Center to see the National Symphony Orchestra
perform Rodgers and Hammerstein's classic and beautiful, memory-filled songs. 

Its so wonderful to be home. 
We have pumpkins, cider and an apple pie on the menu for this weekend. I cant wait!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the most beautiful quotes and I just love checking your blog every now and then to read them... very inspiring and beautiful writing. Thanks for sharing your finds. :)

WhitneyClarke said...

Dear Anon, I'm so glad that you find inspiration in the quotes, too! There is so much power in writing and often they set the tone for my day. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comment! - Whitney