“Sometimes love is a surprise, an instant of recognition, a sudden gift
at a sudden moment that makes everything different from then on. Some
people will say that's not love, that you can't really love someone you
don't know. But, I'm not so sure. Love doesn't seem to follow a plan;
it's not a series of steps. It can hit with the force of nature--an
earthquake, a tidal wave, a storm of wild relentless energy that is
beyond your simple attempts at control.”
―
Deb Caletti
We ordered pizza in and watched Modern Family last night while I addressed envelopes.
It was around 10:30pm when I finished the last of the addresses and Mr. D had just headed in to the bedroom. I laid back on the couch stretching my feet out and stayed really still. Suddenly for some reason, I just knew I was going to feel baby. AND if not seconds later...I felt four little taps like fluttering wings below my belly button.
And THEN what felt like a little wave rolled through my abdomen...
I ran excitedly in to the bedroom and laid flat across the bed and pushed on my stomach a little where I had felt the fluttering and with Mr.D's hand right over the spot ...we both felt a distinct little kick!
It may have been little, but our eyes both grew big with amazement. Thats our baby!
I could hardly sleep last night and when I woke up
it felt like Christmas morning.

3 comments:
So exciting! Congratulations to you and your hubby. What a Christmas gift!
The most amazing feeling in all the world!
Sara - Thank you!! It is the most wonderful Christmas gift...we are finding out if its a boy or a girl the week of Christmas!
Carin - It honestly is the most amazing feeling in the world. I want so badly to lay down on the floor of my office and try to feel it again : )
Post a Comment