Monday, December 5, 2011

Lights and an evergreen candle.

“Laura felt a warmth inside her. It was very small, but it was strong.  
It was steady, like a tiny light in the dark, and it burned very low 
but no winds would make it flicker because it would not give up.” 
 Laura Ingalls Wilder, The Long Winter
After dinner last night, we sipped hot chocolate in the glow of Christmas lights  
and watched a movie together.  It was a perfect December night. 

Our Christmas decorations are rather low-key this year...but its simplicity sits right with me.
I do want to get a wreath for the door, but other than that... our simple Christmas tree, the nativity snow globe that my dad gave us and my favorite Christmas candle that smells like fresh evergreen
is filling my heart with so much cheer that I think it might explode.

Mr. D and I heard our baby's strong little heart beating at the doctor this morning...
I don't believe either of us have ever been more happy or thankful than we are this Christmas season.

----------------------------------


2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

How fun! I love hot chocolate! We just got some Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Starbucks the other day. It was so good and cozy! Isn't it the best hearing the heartbeat!!!

WhitneyClarke said...

Audrey - Does Starbucks sell a peppermint hot chocolate mix?! I love their peppermint hot chocolate this time of year.

And yes, the heartbeat is THE best sound in the world!!!