“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading,
his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Having a pregnant belly is like wearing a huge red flag on your shirt asking for advice. The rounder I get, the more consistent the flow is of unsolicited advice from just about everyone. And I mostly don't mind it. In fact, I enjoy the insight and the fact that something so natural and human as bringing life into this world also binds us together - strangers who would normally just walk straight past... pause and smile. Something so common and yet so mesmerizing that no matter what language or background, almost everyone lingers - if only for a second - and with a knowing look or a great big embrace, acknowledges this shared miracle. Shared hope found in the continuation of the human race.
Today a coworker of mine mentioned that Mr. D and I only have ten more weeks of being just us. The statement (and remorseful tone) caught me off-guard. Its something I've definitely thought about, but as baby's due date nears I feel an increasing amount of joy for the fact that we will be a family of three....not panic or sentimentality over the thought like I might have expected. As much as I LOVE being with Mr. D and treasure our time together and the family we have created, I am so, SO excited about this next adventure. I can't help but think over and over again that the best is yet to come.
---------------------------------------
We are going to dinner with friends (I refuse to call it a farewell dinner) tonight and then baby shower number two is on Saturday. I've never been more thankful for friends and family as we begin our next little adventure (or two).
Happy weekend everyone!!
photograph found here.

4 comments:
I also refuse to call it a farewell dinner.
You will still be Y'ALL, you will just have a super special and absolutely adorable accessory 95% of the time :). And your "us" becoming 3 is SO fun!!
When I was 40 weeks prego (seriously) with Milo some lady told me my t shirt looked tight. Unsolicited comments just are flowing when you're pregnant.... You just go with it. But I was thisclose to punching her. Ha.
Tiffany, I can't believe that woman said that to you!! And what amazing will power you had to not punch her! ;)
Post a Comment