Tuesday, March 13, 2012

the need for a sunrise

“Our minds, as well as our bodies, have need of the out-of-doors. Our spirits, too, need simple things, elemental things, the sun and the wind and the rain, moonlight and starlight, sunrise and mist and mossy forest trails, the perfumes of dawn and the smell of fresh-turned earth and the ancient music of wind among the trees.” 
― Edwin Way Teale
 The best part about commuting an hour and half in to work with Mr. D every day
is that we leave as the sun begins pouring liquid gold over the rolling hills. 
To witness it takes your breath away like that first cold ocean wave against your legs, 
its grandeur and vastness spread out before you full of hope and possibility.

This is our last week of work here in the District before we head to Boston. 
I prepped the temp this morning on work projects while I'm on maternity leave
and I've begun boxing my office things for the trek up North. 
Sometimes I dont know which is more surreal:
the fact that we are officially moving in less than a week
or the fact that we will meet baby girl in 10 weeks or less. 

So many adventures ahead...
and thankfully lots of sunrises along the way. 

 


No comments: