Thursday, March 22, 2012

remote bliss

“The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, 
and not upon our circumstances.” 
 Martha Washington

While I agree a great deal with Mrs. Washington ...that it is not circumstances or material possessions that make one happy...there truly is no comparison between working remotely in our new little apartment and working back in the box that was my office. 

With the windows open, our quiet little street is filled with a chorus of birds chirping and on the street behind our apartment is a pre-school... so the laughter of children on the playground is dancing through the windows. The sound of pure and unabashed joy, coupled with singsongy birds, makes it nearly impossible to not sit here at my desk smiling. 

So, with comfy clothes on and my legs propped up on my desk,  I am almost, almost convinced that I could not possibly be blue in this current circumstance.

---------------------------------------------

I am about to waddle over to our kitchen to make myself a sandwich and then I am headed out to explore this afternoon with camera in hand. 


3 comments:

Shay said...

I'm so impressed you're already unpacked and have a desk situated! (I guess that was a must for working from home, though!) Enjoy Boston. We are headed up that way for my brother's graduation in May and looking forward to it. It's a fun place! Glad you're getting settled in this little adventure!

Audrey Crisp said...

Sounds amazing. Love your desk set up!

WhitneyClarke said...

Shay - Since I moved up a couple of days after my husband, I was super lucky and arrived to an already unpacked house! All I had to do was decorate a little and put clothes away. Thank you!! - I hear Boston in May is beautiful (and I'm especially looking forward to this May : )