“I want
To do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.”
― Pablo Neruda, Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair
Mr. D didn't get home until a little after 11 pm last night.
I haven't quite gotten used to missing him all day long...
(and it actually makes me quite sad to think about getting used to it) -
so this spring weather is just the thing I need to distract and lift my spirits.
Also, I have a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in the oven and its not even 10 am
(one of the joys of working from home)!
Whenever life seems a little daunting,
it helps so much to focus on those little daily things that make me smile -
like long afternoon walks under the blossoming trees lining brownstone streets
and the smell of warm cookies filling the air.
1 comment:
As much as you get used to it, you never really get used to it. You always miss him. But you do get used to filling longer spans of time with other [not the same but still enjoyable] things and people, so it does get slightly easier:) Your baby girl will help so much. And Coop and I are just a couple blocks away!
Post a Comment