“Sometimes, when it is going badly,
she wonders if what she believes to be a love of the written word
is really just a fetish for stationary.”
― David Nicholls
Its been one of those days. My hormonal self has been suddenly pretty weepy today...even the ice cream I had during lunch didn't lift my spirits. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and for reasons I can't quite be sure of myself, I arrived a good 50 minutes early to my 8 o'clock AM appointment. Then about an hour and fifteen minutes later, I found myself sitting on the exam table feeling positively homesick - not necessarily for any concrete place...just homesick for familiarity.
The doctor was late because of traffic, so I sat there alone on that crinkly paper with my crazy thoughts for a good 45 minutes. I continued to fight back tears for the next 20 minutes or so after the doctor arrived...and I was relieved to be the only one in the elevator once I left - tears readily flowing. I normally love these doctor's appointments so much, but it wasn't the best today.
Everything is ok, of course. Baby girl has been kicking up a storm and her little heart is steady and strong as ever. I've actually lost a little weight - not for a lack of eating let me tell you - but everything is ok.
It's really beautiful outside today and I can't wait to get out and go for a long walk.
Sometimes thats just the thing I need.


4 comments:
oh, I'm sorry. we're having a bad day over here too. baby girl has been in tears so I have too!
Oh Emily, I hope the rest of your afternoon turns up for you and baby girl! Thank goodness for new days and fresh starts ;)
That sucks. I hate bad days! I have those all the time. Almost everyday actually.... Hope your day got better! Glad baby is okay!
This should help get you through a rough day. Check out the link. I promise you won't regret it :)
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/13-simple-steps-to-get-you-through-a-rough-day
Post a Comment