“That weekend the city blushed with a great heat wave but on Monday it rained,
cooling the ache in the street’s burn.”
― Daniel Amory
― Daniel Amory
Most nights I fall asleep long before Mr. D comes home.
Last night was no exception - when he walked through the door
I was sound asleep surrounded by a strategically placed mound of pillows.
We spend that sweet hour or so after he arrives talking about our days, curled up in bed,
surrounded by heaps of pillows and covered in the glow of the street lamp outside of our window.
Its baby girl's favorite time of day too...she starts to kick the minute she hears his voice -
we excitedly wait all day for those few sweet late night hours.
The weather is finally warming up here and tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful -
fitting weekend weather in my opinion...may the city blush in its warmth.
Hope you have a happy weekend spent with those you love.
1 comment:
I love you.
Post a Comment